Michael Gorman on 23 Jun 2002 04:50:04 -0000

Re: [eia] Turkish land phase, Jan 1805

Secondly, I take "major power's territory" in 7.4.1.2.5 to mean the same as "territory a major power controls". Had I moved into Georgia, e.g, I would no longer be in my territory, but I Palestine I believe I am. Note that it doesn't say "home territory" or somesuch.

I forgot the move of the cav corp to Jaffa, so I was still seeing three corps in Jerusalem. However, since Syria is not a major power, the Syria corps also has to forage at 5 since it won't get that +1 modifier for being a major power in its own territory even if Palestine is considered part of Syria, as Syria still claims to this day. I don't think you can claim the +1 bonus for anything the major power controls. There's just about nothing in the rules that allows a major power to treat controlled minors as being truly a part of the country versus being other countries they control. There is a major difference between a home country area and a controlled area and I don't see anyway to get that +1 bonus in a controlled area.

Mike