Kyle H on 3 Jun 2002 13:22:31 -0000

Re: [eia] Turkey on the clock

    I've checked Mike's map placements, and they seem to correspond
accurately to his description below.  And, actually, clearing off the map I
already sent you is actually easier than starting a new one anyway.
    So Joel, you are now on the clock as far as setting up your land forces.
If possible, please send us a map and/or a description of your force
allocations sometime in the next 24 hours.
    General mapping info:  Counters are found in the small window marked
"Tray A" that is on the right side of the screen.  To switch nationalities,
click on the drop-down menu, and select your nationality.  Then you will see
the counters for your country.  To place them on the map, just click on them
and drag them to where you want them.  If you put a marker on the map by
mistake, just click on it and then hit the Delete key.  (It will return to
the Tray.)  If you want to stack a group of counters, first you need to
select them in one of two ways - either by Shift-clicking each individual
counter or by making a box around the counters by clicking and dragging.
Then you can hit the Auto-Stack button at the top of the screen toward the
right hand side.  To see what is in a stack, the best way is to make a box
around the stack by clicking and dragging.  The contents will appear in the
white space in the upper right hand corner of the screen.  Another method to
view counters is to Control-click on top of the stack.  However, be aware
that Control-click only allows you to see whatever is directly underneath
the mouse pointer.  So if the stack is particularly large, or if you have
put the mouse-pointer in an odd place, Control-clicking may not allow you to
see all the members of the stack.
    Remember not to use the true identities of the corps that you place on
the board.  The only information that needs to be preserved on the board is
whether the corps is infantry or cavalry.
    Once you are done, save the scenario, then attach the small scenario
file to your email to pass it along.

Happy mapping!

kdh