Craig Daniel on Thu, 18 Dec 2008 18:45:35 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal Amendment, New Proposal

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 6:33 PM, Charles Schaefer
<chuckles11489@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2008/12/18, Elliott Hird <penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> On 18 Dec 2008, at 23:07, Charles Schaefer wrote:
>>
>> So you don't want to do contracts again, but wasn't it your idea to bring
>>> back the Grid?
>>>

>> The Grid shares nothing with its E1 counterpart save for the name, as
>> far as I can tell.
>

> Okay. I've never looked at the E1 ruleset in detail, so I'll take your word
> for it.

The E1 Grid was finite (although I believe the size varied). Each
square had various conditions, such as being Frozen or having a Brook
on it (which could potentially be Garthed). There was weather, which
changed randomly a couple times each nweek and could change these
conditions. There were Gnomes (more or less as per my recent proto);
these were useable as weapons - but since there wasn't any such thing
as Health, they affected your Score instead, and their main use was to
squeeze them for various alcoholic or caffeinated beverages that could
affect your BAC. Some types of Gnomes also messed with the weather. At
one point we added tides and phases of the moon to the weather as
well.