Ed Murphy on Wed, 26 Nov 2008 20:40:27 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Refresh Proposal Ballot

Charles wrote:

> Contracts, the way we have been using them, are just little nomics under the
> umbrella of B Nomic. Are Nomics fundamentally bad? I also like to think of
> them as voluntary subgames. Ideally they WOULD be voluntary, I know B hasn't
> gotten that down yet. (Has Agora? or are they still mousetrapped?)

Agora has had blanket anti-mousetrap legislation for most of its
history, having suffered the original Mousetrap scam early on.  More
recently, the ability to amend an existing contract into a mousetrap
has been tested; CFJ 2246 found that the scammers can't give themselves
power of attorney over the target (to retract eir attempts at judicial
redress), and CFJ 2264 implied that the target is generally able to
shrug off the trap if e wants.