Charles Schaefer on Tue, 18 Nov 2008 19:59:29 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] MoM reset

2008/11/18, Tyler <wisety@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Um, Charles, have you seen my latest Contract, "Vote Tote"? I think this is
> what you're talking about, pretty much.

If I ever get around to proposing it, my idea is far bigger. It would be set
up so you could authorize people you (presumably) trust to take game actions
on your behalf if (for example) you intend to be gone a while and don't know
cron, or if the action depends on uncertain circumstances and isn't doable
via transaction. For example, I could leave and have someone else manage my
money, cast my votes, perform my obligations (which I will catch up on
soon), etc. on my behalf until my return. There would be some provision
allowing the granting player to revoke the power of attorney when they
return, and they would be able to specify conditions (e.g. no spending all
my money on shiny rapiers with which to stab Codae) for managing their
estate.