Jamie Dallaire on Sat, 15 Nov 2008 15:07:17 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] MoM reset

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 4:49 PM, Alex Smith <ais523@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 2008-11-15 at 16:46 -0500, Jamie Dallaire wrote:

>> > Hmmmm now THAT is a paradox... Submitting actions at different future
>> times
>> > within a single transaction... We need to plug that ASAP. You only
>> vacated
>> > the MoM if you were able to regain it later. You were only able to
>> regain it
>> > later if no one took it in the interval. No one took it in the interval
>> only
>> > if you didn't vacate it.
>> Yep, my transaction in this thread would have been a paradox if the MoM
>> was vacated at the time.
>>
>> Because I love a good paradox:
>>
>> BEGIN TRANSACTION
>> At 21:55 UTC, I transfer m1 to comex.
>> At 21:55 UTC on December 10, 2199, I transfer m1 to comex.
>> END TRANSACTION
>> --
>

> I think I found a way to deal with all this tomfoolery. It cannot be
> determined with certainty whether the 2199 game action (or all those at
> 00:00:00.5 and thereabouts) succeeds or fails.
>
> Therefore the transaction fails.
>
> BP

You know... I was going to just say that, in all likelihood, at least one of
you or comex will be dead by 2199. But then I figured well, who knows what
kind of longevity-enhancing techniques will have been developed by then.
Plus, there could be someone else at that point playing with the name comex.

And if j were to die tomorrow, not having deregistered, and if B were to
continue operating for about 200 years without deregistering j and without
having removed macks and transfers of macks, he could keep playing via
future game actions from beyond the grave.....

Unless, maybe, an Outsider ceases to exist when its External Force is no
more. But what if we all just figured j had gotten busy with non-B stuff,
and that's why he was no longer doing anything?

Creepy.