Tyler on Sat, 4 Oct 2008 16:15:48 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Inflationary Language

The way I see it, Motions are not Game Documents, since they aren't defined
anywhere in the Rules. They don't exist in the game, and aren't Game
Objects. They exist in our collective emails, heads, and wiki pages, but
nothing says a Contract can't allow changes to itself based on things that
don't exist in the game. Rule 70 says "A Contract may be changed only as the
text of that Contract allows." Black's Contract says it allows
Motions, (although they don't exist in the game,) to be the basis for
changes to the Contract.

You might argue that things that don't exist in the game don't exist for
purposes of the game. However, Rule 2 itself implicitly recognizes things
that don't exist in the game. "and anything that is not an Object is not in
the game."

Motions are not in the game, but effect the game in a very game-real way,
through the text of Black's Contract. They are External Forces, just like
the people that play this game.

So no need to backtrack gamestate.

--
 -Tyler