Geoffrey Spear on Fri, 16 May 2008 12:14:17 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Without Objection

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 3:02 PM, Jay Campbell <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A contract shouldn't have to be immediately executable to be valid. A
> list of joinable contracts with zero or one current parties would be useful.

Making the MoB track contracts with 0 parties probably would invite
spamming, though.

In any case, a contract need not have more than a single party to be
useful. Agora's Pledges are a good example of this.  I can agree to a
contract stating that I'll do some action or not do some other action,
and other Players can base their own actions on the knowledge that I'm
bound to act in this way (of course, if my contract makes it easy for
me to leave it or amend it, the other Players probably shouldn't put
too much trust in it, but that's a side issue).