Geoffrey Spear on Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:39:06 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] [MoS] Message of the nweek

On Dec 10, 2007 2:25 PM, Aaron Coquet <farfromunique@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> not really... you could post a game action that says "Aaron C's points
> give themselves to me" but since my points CAN'T perform that action
> (I think) it fizzles.
>
> I submit the following consultation:
> {
> Can any non-player Game Object perform a Game Action?
> Unbeliever: Aaron C
> }

I hope so, since the entire game depends on Proposals changing the
state of the game and the Ruleset, and if they don't have the power to
do so things are even uglier than they seem.

> I submit the following consultation:
> {
> Can any Game Object control another Game Object which is owned by a
> third Game Object?
> (Example: I take 50 of Wooble's Points) or (example: if the proposal
> passes, 50 of Wooble's points give themselves to me)
>
> Unbeliever: Aaron C
>
> }

This should be trivially answerable as "No", except that any purported
action that's not declared Invalid is completely Valid.  In any event,
if your proposal passed then it seems clear that any Player with a
positive Level can cause Game Objects to do anything they want them to
do.

--
Geoffrey Spear
http://www.geoffreyspear.com/