Antonio Dolcetta on Tue, 17 Jul 2007 05:42:27 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Clock Stoppage for Ballot

Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:
> I propose:
> __Clock Stoppage for Ballot__
> {{
> [[
> To help ensure that voting doesn't happen without a ballot or other
> ministerial intervention.
> ]]
>
> In rule 2-1, in the "Clock Changes" section, before
> {{
> The Clock may be changed from On to Off as a Game Action by the MoM.
> }}
> insert the text
> {{
> At the beginning of each Voting Period, the Clock becomes Off, and until
> the Clock next becomes On, the Chairman may as a Game Action change the
> clock to be On.
> }}
> }}

I was thinking that with all these clock stops, it might be simpler to
just remove the "voting happens on day 9" thing and simply have some
officer to publish a ballot and declare a 3 day voting period when he
feels like it (read: when he haves time)

I'll draft a quick proposal in the next few days