Antonio Dolcetta on Tue, 17 Jul 2007 05:59:18 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Update Proposal Definition

Peter Cooper Jr. wrote:

> Well, the intent was that all along we've been treating it as a list of
> instructions and not as a list of changes. For instance, a conditional
> change like "If proposal X passed, then do Y" isn't really a *change*. The
> "do Y" part may be a change, but the whole statement is an instruction
> that needs to be followed to figure out what to do. So this is just trying
> to match up our rules with what we've been doing all along.

I would say that is a change if the condition is true, and if the
condition is false then it's an "empty change".

I still dislike "a list of instructions" it's just a lot less
interesting than "a list of changes"