Antonio Dolcetta on Thu, 18 Jan 2007 03:23:25 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] amending: more elections

shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I stand corrected.  You're quite right.
>
> What would you say the advantages are to the game if we accept your
> proposal?  (Speaking as a floating voter, now ::grin::)

* it provides a standard interface
with a proposal different players will choose different wordings for
their demotement proposals, and some wordings might be better than
others. My way it's always the same and has reproducible results. I'm
not saying I'm 100% sure it works until we actually try it, but
eventually if it's broken we just need to fix it and from then on the
advantages stay in the rules, instead of having new problems each time a
player chooses a weird wording.

* it's simply added functionality, not mandatory
If you think a proposal is better in a particular case, you can still
make one. It's not like you HAVE to use the new way.

* the election is triggered by somebody who wants to have a post,
instead of the administrator having to mindread players and guessing
that someone might want a post.

there, I hope I've changed your mind :-D