Antonio Dolcetta on Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:00:32 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] amending: more elections

On 17 Jan 2007, at 20:42, shadowfirebird@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I've been thinking about this.
>
> My personal opinion is that it should take a majority vote to unseat
> an existing post holder.  And the simplest way of doing that is by
> proposal.

yes, a proposal is surely the simplest way.
Yet i tried to make a method that would be more convenient than
proposals in that:
it's standard, it may be flawed, but once the flaws are smoothed out
it will always work.
it requires a majority (if you discard the case of a tie between
candidates, and even if there was a tie, either it was because nobody
really cared, or because the players are divided. so we might as well
choose the winner randomly)

maybe i should add something like "if an election is being held for a
post that already has a holder, the current post holder is assumed to
be a candidate"