Daniel Lepage on Fri, 8 Dec 2006 11:46:46 -0700 (MST)

[s-d] Suggestion: Speed

I don't have time to draft this prop myself, but it would be nice if
we sped up the rate at which proposals came through. I think we
should break each nweek into three 4-day chunks ("Thrids"), and vote
on proposals during each Thrid. This would solve the problem where
some change you want to make can't be done for a month because it
relies on a another prop that won't resolve for 12 days, and then you
need to wait 12 more for your prop to go through. This will also keep
Peter from having to make a zillion changes to the gamestate at once,
and provide a logical time division for subgames that ought to go
faster than one action per 12 days.

Along with this, I would suggest a bandwidth limit - 2 proposals per
player per Thrid, maybe, or 5 per player per nweek divided how e
chooses amongst the Thrids.

Anyone care to propose this?

--
Wonko