bd on Fri, 8 Dec 2006 12:11:17 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Suggestion: Speed

Daniel Lepage wrote:
> I don't have time to draft this prop myself, but it would be nice if
> we sped up the rate at which proposals came through. I think we
> should break each nweek into three 4-day chunks ("Thrids"), and vote
> on proposals during each Thrid. This would solve the problem where
> some change you want to make can't be done for a month because it
> relies on a another prop that won't resolve for 12 days, and then you
> need to wait 12 more for your prop to go through. This will also keep
> Peter from having to make a zillion changes to the gamestate at once,
> and provide a logical time division for subgames that ought to go
> faster than one action per 12 days.

Do you mean something like 3 days for proposing, 1 for voting? Or 4 days
for proposing, then another 4 for voting? There needs to be a
several-day window (at least) for votes, naturally, or I'm sure most
people will miss the window...