Iain Scott on Tue, 5 Dec 2006 07:10:29 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Proposal: Remove Revision Numbers

On 11/26/06, Peter Cooper Jr. <pete+bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Mark Walsh" <flutesultan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > Is it convenient to provide individual rules on their
> > own unique pages, such that they can be printed out
> > singly? I would save a tree if I could.
>
> I just threw everything on a single page, as I haven't delved into
> MediaWiki enough to figure out how to separate them and include them
> all automatically like we had on the earlier wiki.

This is actually fairly straight forward:

If there are pages called (for example!) "Rule 1","Rule 2", etc, they
can be included in the page "The Rules" by haveing the code
{{:Rule 1}}
{{:Rule 2}}
etc.

And the page "The Rules" will change every time an edit is made to to
the base pages.

See http://b.nomic.net/wiki/index.php/Test1 and
http://b.nomic.net/wiki/index.php/Test2
for an example. I would have a go at updating the main rules pages
now, but want to go out for lunch while it isnt raining! I may have a
go later.

(incidenatlly, the MediaWiki is the same software as used for
Wikipedia, and so most of what works there should work here as well.
There are extensive help pages over there... though it often can be
difficult to find what your looking for!)

--
cheers,
Iain