Alex Truelsen on Sat, 30 Apr 2005 14:15:42 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] BvS submits p35

On 4/29/05, Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Apr 29, 2005, at 1.06 AM, automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > BvS has submitted a new proposal, p35.
>
> > {{
> > Players have an attribute called Awesomeness.
> > }}
>
> Is that a rule? Or at least, part of a rule?

Yeah - it's the important part for now. The rest will be put out there in a
little.

> Specialty Proposals are Proposals which meet the requirements to be
> > one or more of the types of Specialty Proposals listed below. A single
> > Proposal may belong to multiple types of Specialty Proposal.
> >
> > Specialty Proposal types must each have a requirement or list of
> > requirements that a Proposal must meet to qualify as an example of the
> > type and a reward to be given to a Player who creates a Proposal of
> > that type which passes. Additional effects of a Specialty Proposal may
> > be specified as well.
>
> This seems an awful lot like Genechips. Maybe the two should be
> combined somehow.

Maybe. I didn't vote for Genechips, so I haven't been incorporating them
into my ideas so far.

> It is expected that chapters in an ongoing story will be connected by
> > common characters, plot, and concepts central to the story. Although
> > new characters, plot twists, and concepts may be introduced in a
> > chapter, a chapter which is not clearly part of the story to that
> > point will not recive any bonus for being part of an ongoing story.
>
> In whose judgment? I can certainly think of borderline cases from past
> props.

We can either have a Ministry or we can trust people and CFI if they call
something a story that isn't. I think we'll be able to tell in general, and
if I make a clear definition, someone (I won't name names) will make a story
that isn't a story but meets the definitions.

> 2.C: Sonnet Proposals
> > A Sonnet Proposal is a proposal which is in sonnet or Shakespearean
> > sonnet form. A sonnet is defined as a fourteen line poem with
> > ABABCDCDEFEFGG rhyme scheme, and a Shakespearean sonnet is a sonnet in
> > iambic pentameter. Whether the title of a Sonnet Proposal is included
> > in the sonnet is up to the creator of the Sonnet Proposal. When a
> > Sonnet Proposal is submitted, its creator is awarded four points of
> > Awesomeness, plus two points of Awesomeness if the sonnet was a
> > Shakespearean Sonnet. If a Sonnet Proposal passes, its creator is
> > awarded six points of Awesomeness, plus the right to act very superior
> > for one nweek if the sonnet was a Shakespearean sonnet.
>
> So if we had a way to rescind props, I could write a Sonnet, submit it,
> rescind, repeat the last two steps a billion times, and become
> near-infinitely Awesome?

You want to do that manually? I can fix this by making it so the same Sonnet
can't be used multiple times, so that's no biggie.

Also, my spell-checker thinks you misspelled ABABCDCDEFEFGG.

Your spell checker killed my first-born child. I will one day have my
revenge.

[[BvS]]