Daniel Lepage on Fri, 29 Apr 2005 20:21:31 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] BvS submits p35

On Apr 29, 2005, at 1.06 AM, automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

BvS has submitted a new proposal, p35.

{{
Players have an attribute called Awesomeness.
}}

Is that a rule? Or at least, part of a rule?

Specialty Proposals are Proposals which meet the requirements to be one or more of the types of Specialty Proposals listed below. A single Proposal may belong to multiple types of Specialty Proposal.

Specialty Proposal types must each have a requirement or list of requirements that a Proposal must meet to qualify as an example of the type and a reward to be given to a Player who creates a Proposal of that type which passes. Additional effects of a Specialty Proposal may be specified as well.

This seems an awful lot like Genechips. Maybe the two should be combined somehow.

It is expected that chapters in an ongoing story will be connected by common characters, plot, and concepts central to the story. Although new characters, plot twists, and concepts may be introduced in a chapter, a chapter which is not clearly part of the story to that point will not recive any bonus for being part of an ongoing story.

In whose judgment? I can certainly think of borderline cases from past props.

2.C: Sonnet Proposals
A Sonnet Proposal is a proposal which is in sonnet or Shakespearean sonnet form. A sonnet is defined as a fourteen line poem with ABABCDCDEFEFGG rhyme scheme, and a Shakespearean sonnet is a sonnet in iambic pentameter. Whether the title of a Sonnet Proposal is included in the sonnet is up to the creator of the Sonnet Proposal. When a Sonnet Proposal is submitted, its creator is awarded four points of Awesomeness, plus two points of Awesomeness if the sonnet was a Shakespearean Sonnet. If a Sonnet Proposal passes, its creator is awarded six points of Awesomeness, plus the right to act very superior for one nweek if the sonnet was a Shakespearean sonnet.

So if we had a way to rescind props, I could write a Sonnet, submit it, rescind, repeat the last two steps a billion times, and become near-infinitely Awesome?

Also, my spell-checker thinks you misspelled ABABCDCDEFEFGG.

--
Wonko

"This gubblick contains many nonsklarkish English flutzpahs, but the overall pluggandisp can be glorked from context" -David Moser, quoted by Douglas Hofstadter in his "Metamagical Themas" column in the January 1981 "Scientific American"