Peter Cooper Jr. on Sun, 13 Mar 2005 17:25:54 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Prop-like CFIs

And likewise RainbowWolfe writes:
> I'm not a fan of the BW idea, unless you are planning on CFI'ing the
> game a lot - in which case I could see how it would work.

Yeah, I can see how requiring BW might be a bad plan. I was thinking
that even if someone didn't have any themselves, then someone would be
likely to donate some if someone had a legitimate complaint. The idea
that a loophole could destroy all bandwidth didn't occur to me,
though. I suppose we don't have a system in place right now to prevent
people from submitting a billion CFIs, so a new system without it
probably wouldn't be worse than what we've got now. I was just
thinking that people may start abusing it to submit tons of props. But
5 "normal" props an nweek is plenty, and probably people would just
vote No or Refused if they thought it wasn't being used for its
intended purpose. I'll take the bandwidth out as my next amendment
(either to the same prop if it's shelved, or as a new prop if it
passes).

Speaking of No and Refused, is there really a reason to make those
separate voting options?

Wonko continues:
> We also might add another possible vote that indicates "I agree with
> the statement, but I dislike the Resolution"; perhaps a majority of
> such votes would cause it to be true, but would cause no Resolution.

Maybe... But I was figuring that differing opinions on how to solve a
problem could probably be fixed by the traditional prop process, or
maybe another CFI (nothing stops one from submitting more than one CFI
on the same topic but with different resolutions).

--
Peter C.
Any noun can be verbed.