Daniel Lepage on Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:22:44 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] Peter votes

On Mar 13, 2005, at 6.52 PM, automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Peter's votes:
Proposal 2029/0: Generic Tools                            : Shelve
What ever happened to "fleshing out this prop"? I like the idea, but it seems kinda silly on its own.

A paper on Scandinavian history and a performance of Haydn's Creation happened to "fleshing out this prop." I've got the fleshing out mostly written, but not enough to justify including it, so I figured I'd wait and see if the general concept meets with approval before fitting everything else in.

Proposal 2034/1: Consolidation of Time                    : Yes
I still want some kind of Writs of Delay for when we as players need to put everything on pause while we sort things out... But I'll just make that as my own prop next nweek.

If we all need to stop the Clock, then a State of Emergency is probably called for.

Proposal 2035/0: The Knight - alright!                    : Shelve
I'm guessing this is supposed to be in a poetic form, but I'm not seeing which one offhand. And having it move as the piece it took seems a little ambiguous to me... Can it still move like a Knight? If it takes a Black Hole, does it start sucking up other pieces and isn't able to move?

Isn't there a piece sort of like this in Ultima chess? It's called the Chameleon, I think - it moves like a queen but can only capture by making the move of the capturing piece.

Just a random thought.

--
Wonko

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.
     -Mel Brooks (1926 - )