Phil Ulrich on Sat, 10 Jul 2004 22:01:36 -0500 (CDT)

[spoon-discuss] Examining that pesky administrator in r0

Examining the appearances of the word "Administrator" in r0, it looks the two major problems are as follows:

1) the Administrator has to make the ballot of refresh proposals, and
2) the Administrator has to implement the refresh procedure.

These are the two major problems I can see, and are the ones that pretty much have frozen us even in this SoE. What solutions do we have?

1) somehow repeal r25. This is the rule that makes Dave the Administrator. 2) make a very very clever refresh proposal that puts itself on the ballet without a need for Dave, allows itself to be implemented sans Dave if it's passed, and suchlike. 3) get a deputization. My suggestion for this is to somehow declare the person who got the .tgz of scripts from Dave to implicitly be a deputy. If memory serves, this is Wonko. I have an idea for this, and if anyone thinks this is worth pursuing, I will follow through on this idea.
4) other.

--Phil
"Can anything be stupider than that a man has the right to kill me because he lives on the other side of a river and his ruler has a quarrel with mine, though I have not quarreled with him?" - Blaise Pascal