Daniel Lepage on Sat, 10 Jul 2004 21:45:35 -0500 (CDT)

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Emergency stuff

On Jul 10, 2004, at 10.23 AM, SkArcher wrote:

1: Game time is now stopped. I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that Game time was already stopped anyway, and that it is nWeek 66, nDay 7 (with the clock turned off awaiting the issue of a ballot). The clock is turned Off, the Watch is set to zero and turned on. It is wWeek 0, wDay 1 (or possibly not... I rreally think we need to fix the confusing issues with time at some point)

I actually believe the clock was stopped after 65.3; it cannot be n66.7 because we've yet to see the Nweek 65 Ballot.

2: We must establish a forum. Spoon-business looks fine to me, but what the hell, if ou don't like it suggest elsewhere

Sounds good.

3: We need an Emergency Co-ordinator. Volunteers? I'm too busy to take the position.

Araltaln works for me. I don't know what happened to the scripts I kludged together for the last emergency, and I don't have the time right now to fix them.

4: The value of the Pause is 0, and will increment at midnight UTC. Why do we have both the Watch and the Pause for tracking time in an Emergency?

Because r0 ought to work even if we screw up the rules governing ntime.

5: Refresh proposals are submitted. Exactly who submits them, and to whom, isn't specified, but by Game custom it'll be the Emergency Co-Ordinator.

"Players and the Administrator may each submit a Refresh Proposal". That seems pretty specific to me.

6-12: It isn't directly stated that these happen after the other events in an SoE, but it is likely that they have to wait by Game custom. Remind me to fix rule 0 at some point (again)

I'd say it's fairly clear from the definition of the Procedure... in general when you say "Do A. Do B. Do C." it's assumed that the order you wrote them in is the order to do them in.