Daniel Lepage on 2 May 2003 19:45:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Wednesday night)

On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 10:33  AM, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

From: "Baron von Skippy" <baronvonskippy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CFI rulings:
Glotmorf rules TRUE on CFI 1479.
bd mysteriously rules FALSE of CFI 1481. I appeal. Everyone crush this thing.
The Upper House consists of: Anything McGee, Baron von Skippy, bd,
Glotmorf, Iain, Orc, Rob, and Wonko.
-I rule TRUE on it, or whichever way prevents someone from winning.-

"If players disagree about the legality of a move or the interpretation or application of a rule or set of rules, any player may submit a Call for Inquiry to decide the issue."

What the heck is this? A CFI isn't a "oooh, let's all vote down that win somebody just got". It is an inquiry into the interpertation or application of the rules. I have absolutly no problem with not getting a win, and I have no problem with someone proving that my interpertation is wrong. BUT ACTUALLY DO IT! This is a flagrant disregard for the justice system, and this goes for anyone who's rules without analyzing the issue.

We already decided that nobody won.

It isn't that the Baron hasn't analyzed it, it's just that we're all making sure we're ruling in accordance with what the analysis showed (as opposed to bd's mistake, where e reached a conclusion and judged the wrong way).

--
Wonko