David E. Smith on 27 Oct 2002 17:26:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] sheesh!

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

> >speaking of ONE DAY: a ONE DAY Writ of Delay is issued,
>
> Does this count before the voting period starts, so people can still edit
> and make props?

That, I can't do, unfortunately. Voting started seven or eight hours
before that mail was sent.

> >in, and try to whip up something for the D&D group.
>
> Ok, especially since I was working on my own roleplaying game when I got
> this, my curiosity is piqued.  What's going on?

I don't know. That's the tricky bit. :-)

I've got several random players, a couple of whom have never played any
RPG before. Most of the rest just created 1st-level characters on their
own, with little concession to group coherence or anything like that.

While I'm not fond of the execution, I love the concept of the "False
World" adventures (search for "Agartha" as that's the campaign's official
name). Starting the adventure by xvyyvat rirelbar[0] will certainly allow
for a lot of leeway in merging the different characters' styles.

...dave

[0] rot13'd to protect the innocent