Orc In A Spacesuit on 10 Oct 2002 07:41:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Wednesday Nite)

I had several things I wanted to say, none of them worth an entire email, but I had enough to warrant putting them all together, and respond to Dave's post. So this email jumps around in subject a lot, sometimes responding to parts of Dave's partial recognizer.

From: "David E. Smith" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I would genuinely appreciate any suggestions on ways that Ministers and I
can better coordinate actions (so we don't have things like the Gnome
Minister not knowing that bd could afford all the bomb gnomes e wanted to
buy, because I wasn't yet able to recognize all eir points transfers
to/from Orc). In fact, just about anything that would reduce the fact that
I'm a bottleneck in this game would be appreciated. Dammit, I'd like to go
to bed before 1:30 am every now and then!

Well, it seems that the second part my Library project may do just what you need. Since I find fun in this both in just playing, exploring, creating, as well as trying to win, I try to stay abreast of what's happening. If I have a summary of what really happened, combined with analysis, you can look at that and see what's going on, and then make a run through the email to see the details of the game and make sure I'm accurate.

In my Library project, I stated I wanted to do plain text format, and I also wanted reference links. I have 2 ways to go, after some work done: I can either put the hyperlinks as part of normal text, making them nonexistant in plain text format, or I can actually write out the links, which will make reading a pain, or I can do this: If the link is not important, some normal text will be the hyperlink in enhanced formats, while the link will be nonexistent in plain text. If the link is useful, and to the email discuss/business archives or to a part of www.nomic.net/~g6, I will write up the first parts of all these hyperlinks and put them in one place, and in the text I will do something like "Then, Wild Card proposed Societies (#553),...", and say in the main section "Whenever there is '(#xxxx)', it means the appropriate link is 'http://www.nomic.net/~g6/history.php?rn=xxxx'.

Anyone have any preference/ideas? And no, I don't want to do it different for each format, as I am doing this in Microsoft Word and will translate it to different formats from there, and don't want to change a million hyperlinks as I do it.

Hell, while we're at it, I'd appreciate it if people who find massive
logic holes could exploit and/or fix them without making me spend twenty
minutes entering data that will likely be eliminated within a few days
anyway. (That goes for everyone strip-mining hundreds of random spaces,
creating bogus societies, and generally being idiots. You know who you
are. Thank you, drive through.)

That would be the reason behind my big unproposed prop. I didn't intend it to be so massive when I started, but my changes had rippling effects, fixing one thing broke another, and I eventually decided to make changes to most of the rules.

BvS and Wonko join OrcTech. I almost deleted that 'press release' because
it looked like spam. :)

I considered making one for the announcement for the Library, and making it an OrcTech thing, but the Library is more personal to me. Do you have any preference as to whether or not OrcTech makes more press releases?

"Wonko gets points" charter is 1119, and its charter doesn't actually do
anything, as points and the creation thereof are regulated by existing
rules.

Wonko never created that, as people are limited to 1 per nweek.

Orc pings Wonko even closer to the Siren, whilst moving a lot. (-2 points
for the pinball gun, given from bd to Orc)

I actually tried to cut through Siren space, so I never performed that move. I either remained in place or got stuck 1 space below where I was, depending on how you interpert the rules concerning speeders and sirens and multiple changes of location. So when Wonko tries to ping me, I end up nowhere near where bd tossed those bombs.

bd throws seven bomb gnomes at Orc's Airspeeder, which just strikes me as
really odd (and totals the darn thing).

See above. But if you really don't want to go through that all again, I'll just accept a totaled airspeeder and buy a new one.

Orc In A Spacesuit
continues researching the history of the BWorld, and even that which came before