Glotmorf on 10 Oct 2002 00:57:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Soceity fix?

On 10/9/02 at 7:02 PM Daniel Lepage wrote:

>Quoth bd,
>
>> Perhaps soceities should not be allowed to restrict (or require) actoins,
>> perhaps they should just be able to control:
>> a) membership
>> b) their charter
>>
>> If a player breaks the rules, e gets kicked out.
>> Commente/questions/halfbricks?
>
>Perhaps, any player may choose to leave a society rather than perform any
>action for it? And perhaps also we could change the leaving clause so that
>anyone may drop out of a society at any time - right now societies can
>force
>people to do certain things before they leave, provided that it's not
>impossible to leave.
>
>Also, perhaps, some sort of Admin-Audit : You say, "I think this society is
>really unfair and makes it too difficult to leave", and the Admin could
>look
>down and say, "Yep" and pop you out of the soc.

Perhaps a simpler alternative is if charter changes don't take effect until the following nweek, giving anyone a chance to quit before they happen, plus anyone on leave isn't bound by changes to the charter until e officially comes off leave.

There's a reason for club rules: one signs up for the club, presumably to experience certain benefits, and may be required to contribute -- statwise or actionwise -- for the privilege.  If one doesn't like the required contribution, one can leave.  It's just the "clear chance" aspect that's currently theoretically missing.

						Glotmorf