Orc In A Spacesuit on 10 Oct 2002 01:25:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] More about the Music

From: "Baron von Skippy" <baronvonskippy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Orc In A Spacesuit said:
This is in regards about The Voice's call for ideas relating to music, and my detailed (read: long) yet incomplete response.

First, I left out some general rules to cause Dischords, pretty much by making some rules about the timing and combinations of instruments (in general), along with a few specific cases.

Second, there should be special things for completing specific tunes. These could be powerful, because their balance would be that everyone would have plenty of time to interrupt them if they wanted, and interruption is easy. Like the refrain of Jingle Bells updating the weather to make it be winter with snow and causeing Santa to come and give everyone presents. The Sun's Song from Zelda causing the nweek to advance directly to voting, and barring any actions until the ballots are turned in, counted, and recognized (Actually, the note timing ought to be based on real days, then, so we can 'abort' an nweek if we need to. And the Song of Time is just out. Dave would go into a coma.). And the Transformer's theme causing Airspeeders to... well, that's for another prop. But you get the idea.
-The Song of Time could add more time to an nweek. What about warp songs? Maybe there could be specific songs for specific places, like you warp to (15,15) if you play the Bolero of Fire, don't ask me why, or a more specific thing, like the Owl's Song from Majora's Mask? Warp to an Owl Statue, you know?-

Yeah, I thought about all sorts of stuff, but I was concentrating more on getting my general idea across than making a complete system. One thing about some music, like warp songs, is that they should only affect one person, or maybe only people who choose to warp. Hey, yeah, in the game it gives the option, so of the people who help play, everyone can declare that they want to warp upon completion. As for the Bolero in particular - maybe the Destruction temple?

Third, I like the runes and alchemy ideas too. Are you thinking D2 runes? Gnomes kind of are like alchemy right now, though.
-IthElEth! Hee hee...-

Ah, Malice.  I have the Runes, but need a good claw...

Orc In A Spacesuit
is looking for a good claw.