Wonko on 13 Aug 2002 00:47:05 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] The Gnome Scam?

Quoth Orc In A Spacesuit,

>> From: Wonko <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> That scam cost me 600 points, which kinda sucked, but it was okay,
>> because I won a nweek later off the Gnome Scam.
>>
> The Gnome Scam?  I noticed the Knight and Lord of the Gnome Scam titles on
> the roster, but have as yet found no other referece to it.
> *Grins slyly, wiping his hands on each other*
> Tell me more.

A long time ago, Gnomes could be purchased at random for 2 points. This was
instigated by the Baron, who apparently failed to realize that, some time
before, I had created Trash Cans, which allowed players to destroy Gnomes,
gaining 5 points in the process. I bought billions of Gnomes cheap and
scrapped 'em all, gaining 3 points per. It was a kinda cheesy way to win,
but I figured it was the only way to recover from my DimShip loss. Plus,
there was no way to fix it without others trying to win first. So I figured
I'd best be first. And I was. It kicked of a SOE, because everyone else
lined up to do it during the three-day clockstop that resulted, and so the
Clock would have been off indefinitely, as everyone won in turn. So we went
SOE instead. Whee!

--
Wonko