Orc In A Spacesuit on 13 Aug 2002 00:48:04 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] My First Call For Inquiry

Note that I do answer the Wealthy Bastard Giveaway at the bottom.

The problem here, as the Reality Police once pointed out, lies in the
distinction between performing the action "drink a glass of Champagne", and
performing the action "drink" on "a glass of Champagne". It has already been
ruled that in this case, the action "drink" needs to be performed on "a
glass of Champagne".

It is performed on a glass.  See Part B.  The admin picks which one.

The second problem here lies in the legality of drinking others' glasses of
Champagne. As the Champagne rule does not explicitly permit you to >drink
glasses in the possesion of other players,

I think it is pretty explicit when it says "A player may drink a glass of champagne by announcing that e is doing so in a public forum". Well, it's up to the judge to decide. Hopefully not Wonko, no offence intended.

--
Wonko
Current Status: Wealthy Bastard

P.S. Another Wealthy Bastard Prize Giveaway:

Take the word FANG. Shift each letter four lettersdown the alphabet and you
get JERK. Now, name a variety of nut in which each letter can be shifted
four spaces down the alphabet to get the name of an animal.

Prize: 200 BNS.

PECAN-->TIGER

Orc In A Spacesuit
Current Status: So preoccupied he can't even remember to alter his signature.