Gavin Doig on 1 May 2002 12:20:39 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: [[Avoiding Entropy]]

> >[[
> >Hey, this is all *buzz* commented! That means I have every right to
> >exercies
> >extensive *crackle* verbosity. Everything below here *buzz* you need not
> >peruse; I'm gonna quote it, except without the *crackle* comment brackets,
> >in just a few minutes:
>
> Rule 8 states, "Comment text shall not have the force of Rule."  Note that it
> doesn't say "does not," but rather it says "shall not," which is a
> forward-looking phrase.  This would imply that once text has been
> introduced as a comment it cannot be made into a rule.

"text appearing within doubled square brackets ("[[" and "]]") shall be considered "comment" text".

The quoted version doesn't appear within [[]]s, so isn't comment text, so isn't covered by r8.

Feel free to argue otherwise; I'll look forward to posting the text of all your proosals in comments during the voting period. ;-)

uin.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup