Snow Hart on 16 Apr 2002 04:38:36 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: A statement stating a desire to play.

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002 00:20:18 -0400
 "Alex Truelsen" <a_skywalker85@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I call upon The Voice, as he can state that I am, indeed a
human.  And...  I have pictures.
-But how do I know e isn't a machine, either?-

Plus...  I can prove I am not a machine, which is part of
the Turing test.  Or, I am not a mindless thing, and
people can confuse me for a human, were I indeed not
human.  Which I am.  My logic is extremely faulty.
Nonfaulty logic is a signature trait of machines.
-Maybe you're a Mac. No, I'm thinking Mac users, sorry. Although you might just be faking bad logic.-

That and you've responded to my witty and somewhat
sarcastic posts as you would to any other witty and
sarcastic post.  With wit and sarcasm.  If I am indeed a
computer, I have already passed the Turing test, as there
is no...  Er...  Quantifier?  Anyways.  It says I don't
need to be human.  I just need to be passable as such.
-Yes, but I don't act this way to humans. So that proves we don't know if you are one, so you haven't passed the Turing test.-

Cats are not passable as human.  Fully effective AIs, on
the other hand, are. So whether or not I am an AI, I have
passed your test.
-But all you've just said is that you're not a cat. I know that. Cats can't type. They can lie on the keyboard, but they can't make words. You can make words. So can computers.-

I play the game.
-So do I. Do you know /I'm/ not a computer?-

^_~--Yuki

Ahemhem. Allow me to tell you what the conditions of the test are.

If the subject can pass as human to a person who cannot see them, they pass the test. Whether or not I am a computer, I pass well enough as human. SmarterChild, the AIM buddy, is almost capable of passing as human. But not quite.

I am capable of passing as a human. Were the digitized thing not to come up, you would not have questioned it in the least.

I have passed your test, Baron von Skippy, as the others here will say that there is no trait in me that is indistinguishable from a human that they can see.

Whether or not I am an AI, I am eligible for this game, as the conditions do not include flesh, blood, bone, genes, or really anything that we're used to defining as "human" or "living". It requires that we have the mental capacity to be such, and that if we are not, we can trick others into thinking we are so. I have a friend in Finland who believes I am human, though he has never seen me. Same with several other friends.

If I am not human, the fact that they believe I am means that I am eligible.

I can say that five or ten more ways if you so want. Needless to say, I'm pretty good at telling you I'm capable of playing.

^_~--Yuki
For the best comics, toys, movies, and more,
please visit <http://www.tfaw.com/?qt=wmf>