Wonko on 2 Apr 2002 22:16:47 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The Late Late Late Ballot For nweek 11

Quoth David E. Smith,

> My interpretation of the rules is that, since the ballot must be issued at
> least 48 hours before the end of Voting, that this is a vote-able Ballot
> for the next 48 hours. Votes that are timestamped within the next 48 hours
> after when this mail is sent will be considered valid.
>
> ...dave

But the rules also say that Voting on a nweek's Ballot closes at the end of
the last nday of that nweek.

Bean's idea of an 'informal proposal' is interesting; I suspect, however,
that if we start getting fuzzy with the ruleset things are going to get
confusing really fast. My suggestion is this: VOTE! So what if voting closes
earlier than we thought? Just Vote Now, and there won't be a problem.

Then, if anyone doesn't vote in time, we can just propose to alter the rules
to reflect the passing/failing that would occur if the late votes had been
on time.

--Wonko

Clones are people two.