Gavin Doig on 11 Mar 2002 17:56:58 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: The Daily Recognizer (Monday morning)

> Not prepared to recognize an Emergency yet,
> but thank you for your concern. :)  As for
> CFJing...it would be less work for me to CFJ
> if and only if the PIG eats my proposal, since
> I might not have to do it (though some other
> poor slob might).  Of course, if I CFJ the
> PIG's ingestion, the remedy for that would
> probably be to renumber the proposals,
> reword the nweek results, update the rules
> that had been modified by the now-renumbered
> proposals AND recalculate what proposal the
> PIG ate, backing out any rule changes the
> now-ingested proposal caused.
>
> Which sounds to me like more work for Mr. A
> than renumbering the proposals now would be.

The problem is that, since things have to be recognised / ignored in the order they were sent to the list, none of the admin's recognitions since he missed those proosals (the ones incorrectly numbered as 457 and 458) are valid. And that means that no actions taken by any players since then are valid. They won't be until he not only renumbers them, but also goes back and recognises them all after having recognised 457 and 458 with their correct numbers. And this has to be done every time he makes a mistake. I think he'll also have to recognise and ignore (respectively) my point giving and taking, and redo everything since then, since he only recognised the CFJ, not the point transfers it referred to.

uin.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Travelocity.com is giving away two million travel miles.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;3969773;6991039;g?http://svc.travelocity.com/promos/millionmiles_main/0,,TRAVELOCITY,00.html