Gavin Doig on 6 Feb 2002 17:30:46 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Proposal: Here we go again

> Would anyone be interested in a proposal that amalgamates the justice and
> proposal systems.  That is, that anyone can submit a judgement on any
> topic and judgements are subject to approval by popular vote?

Ick! No! I'd like to think that the judge has done some amount of thinking about the issue, and spent time looking at the arguments for and against. With a proosal, people just won't put in the same thought - I certainly don't spend as much time on voting per proosal as I do on CFJ judging. That's fine for proosals - we go with what we like. For CFJs, we need to go with what is actually the case. Different standards, different situation.

> It might also solve our current problem of biased judges.

Are we having such a problem? I hadn't noticed one. If we are, some kind of appeal system would be a better solution. And would be greatly desirable anyway - even unbiased judges make mistaeks.

uin.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Win a ski trip!
http://www.nowcode.com/register.asp?affiliate=1net2phone3a