Gavin Doig on 6 Feb 2002 17:34:47 -0000

spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: Proposal: Here we go again

> {{
> __Precedents, Schmrecedents__
>
> Amend rule 17 by replacing the following THEN delimited text,
>
> THEN
> reaching the appropriate Fora.
> THEN
>
> with the following NOW delimited text:
>
> NOW
> their being recognized by the Administrator.  If an action is not recognized
> which is arguably deserviving of recognition, or vice versa, or if a player
> believes the Administrator has acted out of spite, e may make a CFJ on the
> subject, with the Administrator as Defendant.
> NOW
>
> There, that should work.  Problems?  Talk to me.

Problem: why? It just slows down things which we should be able to do immediately (point transfers, whatever). If (for example) we discover we need to use some points to protect a proosal from being eaten, but I don't have enough, it should be possible for someone to transfer points to me, and me then to use them to prevent it. If we have to wait for the admin, it may be too late. (I can't remember if the oversalting thing passed, but whatever).

Problem: this gives the admin way too much power. Not only can he refuse to recognise something, it seems to me that submitting a CFJ is an action, so he can just refuse to recognise that too, and we can't stop him. If you want to play imperial nomic, do so - I don't (well, not in this nomic).

Problem: my statute proosal would do all the useful bits of this, and fix the statute, and not overpower the admin...

uin.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Win a ski trip!
http://www.nowcode.com/register.asp?affiliate=1net2phone3a