Eric Gerlach on 6 Feb 2002 15:55:56 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: new proposal: ptime

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Donald Whytock wrote:

> On 2/5/02 at 10:45 PM Eric Gerlach wrote:
>
> >At 06:29 PM 2002-02-05 -0500, you wrote:
> >>Look at all the assumptions the rule makes in order to resolve a paradox
> >>- you can't rely on any of these facts in an actual paradox situation:
> >>
> >>* The Clock exists and is functioning correctly.
> >>* It is possible to determine which players are in the game.
> >>* It is possible to submit a CFJ.
> >>* It is possible to collect votes on a Ballot.
> >
> >You speak the truth, Plunder.
> >
> >Perhaps what's needed is a "wayback machine" sort of deal where we reset
> >the game to before the paradox began in terms of players eligible to vote
> >and stuff... I donno... just tossing out ideas here.
> >
> >Bean
>
> Well, I could put a bunch of conditionals in there...if such-and-such
> condition exists, execute the step in the following way...

Aiee!  That's the hard way methinks, it'll be too confusing.  It's prolly
easier to make reference to as few rules as possible, and perhaps back the
game state up to before the paradox existed (Admin discretion).  I think
that solves most of the problems.

Either that, or redefine what a ballot, etc. are in the paradox rule.

Bean