Dan Waldron on 24 Nov 2000 02:47:56 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Proposal recognition

>  Um, what does this do? Scores are already measured in Points. Making
> them Objects or transferrable just adds another characteristic to
> them. I don't see the need for conversion.

Well, right now the functional object is the player score, and "points"
are a convenient term for measuring it.  If the proposal passes, the
functional object will be the point, and "score" will be a convenient way
of talking about a lot of them.

If I was in a game where that happened, I might try to scam the difference
with a cleverly worded action and RFJ.  I might either try to set all
players' scores to zero, or get myself a lot of free points.

I am quite pleased with my score in this game so far and I would hate to
see it all dissapear just because someone made a cleverly-worded RFJ.
Therefore, I have tried to cover all the possible (even if unlikely)
mis-interpretations of my rule and keep it as free of scams as I can.  If
you really think this is unnescessary then I will remove it, but otherwise
I would like to keep it in, just in case.

poulenc.