Tyler on Thu, 25 Dec 2008 00:51:57 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] Fix Infinite Votes Tweak

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 6:39 AM, Elliott Hird <
penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 23 Dec 2008, at 13:19, 0x44 wrote:
>
> 5e32 allows you to Cast a vote, and allows you to retract a vote, but does
>> not define retract (therefore it defaults to normal language?) and does not
>> specify that you can subsequently recast a retracted vote.
>>

> Err, this is actually a huge bug... you can cast as many votes as you want:
>
> Any Eligible Voter for a Decision can cast a valid Vote on it as a Game
> Action.

Yeah, I noticed that too, but I didn't want to mention it before the nweek
was over so that it wouldn't be abused and start an emergency. I submit the
following tweak, and intend to Activate it:

{
In Rule 5E32, change "Any Eligible Voter for a Decision can cast a valid
Vote on it as a Game Action." to "Any Eligible Voter for a Decision can cast
a valid Vote on it as a Game Action, unless he has already cast a vote which
he has not retracted."
}

[[Hey, did you know that the Athenians of antiquity used to cast a white or
a black pebble into a pool of water to signify their vote? They had a true
democracy, much like us. (Like B Nomic, that is.)]]

--
 -Tyler