James Helle on 9 Nov 2002 18:41:03 -0000

Re: [eia] ceded free states and reinforcements

        The only rule I've been able to find so far is 8.8.5.   This states that a receiving major power may accept the ceded free state and it's CURRENT forces as a free state or remove it's forces and make it a conquered minor country.
       I also question what happened to the money that was spent by the free state on reinforcements.  This money was not spent by the ceding major power, but by the actual free state,correct?  Therefore I could see the argument for the free state to get it's reinforcments as long as it is kept a free state by the receiving major power.
----- Original Message -----
From: J.J. Young
Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2002 8:27 AM
Subject: [eia] ceded free states and reinforcements

Here's a question that hasn't come up so far in the game:

If a free state is ceded, either through a formal peace treaty or during the ceding step, and kept as a free state, would the free state be entitled to recieve reinforcements purchased under the previous regime ?

My gut feeling is that yes, if the status of the free state is never interrupted by being conquered, it should recieve the reinforcements purchased under the old rulers.  But I can't find anything in the rules that says so (or the reverse) explicitly.  Opinions ?

-JJY