Joel Uckelman on 11 Nov 2002 13:55:02 -0000

Re: [eia] ceded free states and reinforcements

Thus spake "J.J. Young":

> Here's a question that hasn't come up so far in the game:
>
> If a free state is ceded, either through a formal peace treaty or during =
> the ceding step, and kept as a free state, would the free state be =
> entitled to recieve reinforcements purchased under the previous regime ?
>
> My gut feeling is that yes, if the status of the free state is never =
> interrupted by being conquered, it should recieve the reinforcements =
> purchased under the old rulers.  But I can't find anything in the rules =
> that says so (or the reverse) explicitly.  Opinions ?
>
> -JJY

Minor country reinforcements are supposed to represent troops that a minor
country is training for its army. Control of free states simulates
alliances and patronage by major powers, not outright control. I doubt any
lesser ruler of the day would reason like this: "My patron has changed,
therefore I should send home the troops he paid for."

--
J.