Ed Murphy on Tue, 21 Feb 2012 19:57:29 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] New Player and Suggestion

ais523 wrote:

On Mon, 2012-02-20 at 11:59 -0500, No Dice wrote:
Hello, players of B Nomic. My name is Baron and I would like to participate
in your game. I noticed via the archives that you are having some legality
troubles with resuming the game, due to the EM procedure which stops
everything. In this case I suggest that a poll be held, as per rule 15/20,
of indeterminate duration that is Short-Circuited or Very Badly Wired,
where the outcome would be to make any necessary adjustments to get the
game back on track. This procedure, as per the rule, would not be affected
by the Clock or Watch at all.

Just trying to help. I would love to play B, it sounds very interesting.
Thank you.

-Baron

Does anyone have any idea what the list of players actually /is/, at
this point? It might be nontrivial to find out.

If this ruleset has been in effect all this time, then 14/7 should have
allowed players to join and forfeit during the Emergency.

I don't think a poll would help, though; 15/20 only allows polls to be
called when specified by the rules, and even if you announced e.g. "I
initiate (not call) a poll", only the other rules allowing polls to be
called (23/14, 125/6, 578/21) specify that the result of a poll has any
effect on the gamestate.

But what about just invoking this clause of 0/4?

"If, during an emergency, a majority of the most recently recognized
 body of players recognizes that there is no longer an emergency, the
 Procedure immediately ends, if it is currently happening, and the
 Emergency ends with no change to the state of the game."