Eric Stucky on Sun, 24 Jul 2011 13:17:47 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Initial ruleset for Γ

On Jul 24, 2011, at 12:00 PM, Jamie Dallaire wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Alex Smith <ais523@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Enacting rules is broken, because "the only text strings" in Law 5
>> refers only to "Remove law #" according to Law 4.
>>
>> As such, Remove law 4.
>>

> Good call. I knew I'd break it somehow!
>

>> Also, um, as far as I can tell you simultaneously have to vote FOR all
>> pending modifications, or AGAINST. That could be interesting...
>>

> Yeah I was going to write in a mechanism for separate voting, then decided
> this would be more fun!
>
> I proclaim a second unnamed nomic, with the ruleset below (between curly
> brackets), which is more or less the same as the earlier one with law 4
> fixed and with the option to remove text removed for more weird fun.

So we have two games, which are roughly the same except that #2 doesn't have the ability to remove laws, and #1 doesn't have the ability to add them. And they both use the same message board.

This could be an interesting concept just on its own. Even if we do eliminate #1 Law 4, there's still 72 hours to make them as different as possible }:)

-Turiski