Alex Smith on Sun, 24 Jul 2011 11:33:08 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Initial ruleset for Γ

On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 14:09 -0400, Jamie Dallaire wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 8:11 AM, Alex Smith <ais523@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2011-07-23 at 20:43 -0700, Sean Hunt wrote:
> > > Are there any suggestions for an initial ruleset? Some Suber variant
> > > that can't be abused right from the start?
> >
> > I'd rather have something that /can/ be abused right from the start.
> >
> > OK, how about we start with this and amend?
>
> {
> Law 1: This document is a list of laws, each of which is identified by a
> number and has a body of text.
>
> Law 2: This document has a notional existence, independent of any of its
> instances or copies. Modifying these therefore has no effect on this
> document.
>
> Law 3: Laws specify ways, which are the only ways, in which this document
> may be modified.
>
> Law 4: All references to words or text strings, in this document, refer to
> the text between and excluding the next consecutive quotation marks, and are
> case-insensitive.
>
> Law 5: Emails received by spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx may contain proposed
> modifications to this document. The following are the only text strings
> which count as proposed modifications. All other text strings are ignored.
> - "Remove law #", where "#" is an integer, is a proposal to remove the law
> with this number from this document.
> - "Insert law {STRING}", where "STRING" is a text string, are proposals to
> append a new law to the bottom of this document, with the "STRING" as its
> body and the next integer, greater than 0, not currently assigned to an
> existing law, as its number.
>
> Law 6: If more humans send emails containing the word "yes" than containing
> the word "no" to spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx during the 72 hours following the
> receipt of a proposed modification, then this document is modified as
> proposed at the end of that 72 hour period. A maximum of one "yes" and one
> "no" from each human apply to a given proposed modification.
>
> Law 7: The following actions are either possible according to other laws, or
> impossible but difficult for other humans to distinguish from possible
> actions. They are to be severely frowned upon, and optionally ignored,
> because they are considered universally boring:
> - Sending emails to spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx from multiple accounts,
> pretending to be more than one human.
> - Enlisting non-humans or humans who show no particular interest in this
> document to send emails to spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx on one's behalf.
> }

Enacting rules is broken, because "the only text strings" in Law 5
refers only to "Remove law #" according to Law 4.

As such, Remove law 4.

Also, um, as far as I can tell you simultaneously have to vote FOR all
pending modifications, or AGAINST. That could be interesting...

--
ais523