Elliott Hird on Thu, 23 Dec 2010 11:28:00 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] This game is boring, let's have an Emergency.

On 23 December 2010 17:42, Geoffrey Spear <wooble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ah, but Rule 9 specifically refers to a player being required to make
> the determination; therefore this task is implicitly assigned to
> whomever resolves the emergency. ÂWhat's "reasonably achievable" here
> may be subject to debate. ÂI'd argue that there are probably many past
> rulesets which will have a probability of 0 of being selected, but
> that this is the closest reasonably achievable probability for them.

It does not say "Follow the rule 9 procedure to select a new ruleset",
it says "Replace the ruleset ... according to the rule 9 procedure"; I
adamantly maintain that this causes the ruleset to be replaced with a
randomly-selected one that was, platonically, according to the Great
Unquestionable Canon of Lies, selected according to the procedure
described in rule 9.

If nobody sees the obvious truth in this, I instead contend that it
means rule 9 of the *new* ruleset.

> I'm not sure about Era 2. ÂIt... ummm... might not have happened.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.