Ed Murphy on Thu, 1 Jul 2010 21:00:54 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Leave and a Proposal

compsciguy wrote:

> Firstly, since it was only pointed out that I could not deliver a Kick
> for an already-Kicked offense, but no mention was made about my being
> On Leave, I can only assume that game custom is that Players that are
> On Leave are capable of declaring themselves to be Off Leave while the
> Clock is running. Therefore, I hereby declare myself to be Off Leave.

Game custom bows to the letter of the rules, and AFAICT the letter of
the rules is indeed that (due to how self-contradictory rules are
resolved) Rule 52 ends up preventing such declarations unless the
Clock is Off.

> Secondly, in order to prevent a similar situation from arising, I
> submit the following proposal:

I already proposed a fix to this (not that it's a big deal; if both
pass, then one will be ineffective because the text to be replaced is
no longer there).