Jeff Gitchel on Wed, 30 Jun 2010 17:17:58 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] [Oracle] CFI 118 and some other clarifications

On 30/06/2010, at 18:28, James Baxter <jebaxter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> From: gitchel@xxxxxxxxx
>> To: spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx
>> Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 18:02:49 -0500
>> Subject: Re: [s-b] [Oracle] CFI 117
>>

>> I'd like to point out that I had modified my submission before the previous copy was designated as CFI 117.
>
> You didn't submit the revision to the Public Forum so it wasn't considered.

You're absolutely correct. I missed it again. Doing all this on an iPad is tricky. But I will master it eventually. Sorry.

>> CFI - Players may only announce that they are Off Leave when the Clock is Off.
>
> This is CFI 118. I assign CFI 118 to Judge Marr965.
>
> Gratuitous Arguments:
> It says that they may go on or off leave when the clock is off, not that they must not or cannot do so when the clock is on.

Clarification of my argument:

Actually, there seems to be three pertinent parts to the Rule. In INCREASING precedence:

* Any player who is On Leave may, by posting a message on a business forum, declare emself to be Off Leave. [the player MAY announce he is Off Leave]

* A player who is On Leave ... may not take any game actions. [if the player is On Leave, the player may NOT announce he is Off Leave]

* Players may place themselves On Leave or Off Leave while The Clock is Off. [the player MAY announce he is Off Leave IF the Clock is Off]

So, it appears to me that a player may place himself ON Leave at any time, but may only announce that he is OFF Leave while the Clock is OFF.

Am I missing something?

>> Oh, and what's he mean by "gratuitous"?
>
> Just that the arguments are given freely without him being required to give them (as he had not been assigned as judge when he submitted the gratuitous arguments).

Ah. A gracious gratuity.