0x44 on Sat, 13 Mar 2010 16:55:07 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Continued voting and a new emergency

> I believe emergencies aren't broken as they aren't based on voting periods. That is why I am attempting to initiate an emergency to fix voting periods.

Emergencies are broken: they require the clock to be on to initiate, refresh proposals are not explicitly defined and if they are based on proposals (it's unclear) they cannot take effect, the current Emergency rule states that Refresh Proposals are treated like "Power 4" documents, but we do not define power. So even if refresh proposals work they way they should, they can have no effect on the gamestate because they don't have the Chutzpah. The CFI to resolve whether Refresh Proposals are Proposals or not hasn't been judged yet, but the result of that CFI doesn't really have any bearing on whether or not Emergencies are broken.

It's pretty clear that they are.

-0x44