Craig Daniel on Sun, 24 Jan 2010 15:52:58 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Increasing Activity

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Here are the high points:
>
>  * Game time uses a 12-ndays-per-nweek pausable clock (Rule 3).  Voting
>    occurs during the last 4 ndays; votes are Yes, No, Abstain, Shelve;
>    proposals with > 1/2 Yes votes pass, other proposals with > 1/2
>    (Yes or Shelve) votes go through more revision and voting in the
>    next nweek (Rule 17).
>
>  * Rules can contain non-binding comments (Rule 8).
>
>  * Chutzpah affects precedence like Power does (Rule 36), but does
>    not require supermajority (except Rule 10 protecting itself).
>
>  * MMI exists, but MAY NOT, SHALL, and SHALL NOT are different
>    based on B's historical usages (Rule 14).

Historical note: these differences are there specifically because it
would have been a pain to rewrite pieces of very old legislation to
conform to modern Agora-style standards, so the standards got adapted.

>  * Ministries = Offices:
>      - Change       = Promotor + Assessor
>      - Registrar    = Registrar
>      - MetaMin      = IADoP
>      - Seminobiarch = standing deputy
>      - Gardener     = Gnomes (Rule 65), Gremlins (Rules 57-58)
>      - Griddler     = Grid (Rules 61-64)
>      - Oracle       = CotC
>      - Rulekeepor   = Rulekeepor
>
>  * CFI = CFJ (Rules 39-44)

CFJ is a valid synonym, by the way, so you can call them that way and
not have it be invalid.

>  * All ministerial statements about the gamestate self-ratify after
>    14 days unless challenged (Rule 45)
>
>  * No bribe proposals or CFIs (Rule 50)
>
>  * On Leave = on hold (Rules 52-53)
>
>  * Proxy = act on behalf (Rule 54)

It's a limited to voting on behalf, though.

>  * Dependent actions work similarly to Agora (Rules 74-75)

This is because dependent actions are one of the few pieces of the
rules kept from the B-Goran ruleset rather than revived from old
stuff. Unless I'm forgetting a change to them, they work exactly as
they did in B at the time of the refresh, and I'm not sure if that was
ever modified since we stole the concept from Agora.