Ed Murphy on Sun, 24 Jan 2010 12:18:17 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Increasing Activity

coppro wrote:

> On 01/23/2010 10:12 PM, Craig Daniel wrote:
>> On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 6:43 PM, Sean Hunt<rideau3@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm busy with exams and trying to revive Agora to read a brand new rulset.
>>>

>> Very little of it is actually brand new.
>
> True, but I am new to B.

Here are the high points:

  * Game time uses a 12-ndays-per-nweek pausable clock (Rule 3).  Voting
    occurs during the last 4 ndays; votes are Yes, No, Abstain, Shelve;
    proposals with > 1/2 Yes votes pass, other proposals with > 1/2
    (Yes or Shelve) votes go through more revision and voting in the
    next nweek (Rule 17).

  * Rules can contain non-binding comments (Rule 8).

  * Chutzpah affects precedence like Power does (Rule 36), but does
    not require supermajority (except Rule 10 protecting itself).

  * MMI exists, but MAY NOT, SHALL, and SHALL NOT are different
    based on B's historical usages (Rule 14).

  * Ministries = Offices:
      - Change       = Promotor + Assessor
      - Registrar    = Registrar
      - MetaMin      = IADoP
      - Seminobiarch = standing deputy
      - Gardener     = Gnomes (Rule 65), Gremlins (Rules 57-58)
      - Griddler     = Grid (Rules 61-64)
      - Oracle       = CotC
      - Rulekeepor   = Rulekeepor

  * CFI = CFJ (Rules 39-44)

  * All ministerial statements about the gamestate self-ratify after
    14 days unless challenged (Rule 45)

  * No bribe proposals or CFIs (Rule 50)

  * On Leave = on hold (Rules 52-53)

  * Proxy = act on behalf (Rule 54)

  * You can submit 5 proposals per week (Rule 55); shelved proposals
    only count half, likewise limited-effect/reward proposals (Rule 23)

  * Dependent actions work similarly to Agora (Rules 74-75)