James Baxter on Mon, 9 Nov 2009 14:10:38 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] blah

> Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 13:44:22 -0500
> From: wooble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [s-d] [s-b] blah
>
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Charles Walker
> <charles.w.walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > 2009/11/9 Geoffrey Spear <wooble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >> I resign as Oracle.  I'm clearly not going to manage to put together a
> >> reasonably good public display any time soon.
> >
> > That's fair enough, I guess.
> >
> > Any word on the whats and whens of the judicial reforms you mentioned?
>
> proto-proto: Bring back Consultations, with Oracularities that go into
> effect when they become Pondered. Keep something analogous to our
> current standing court for Priest assignment.  Make the Staff of Zot
> slightly less powerful than it was before (maybe Zot without some low
> number of objections?)

consultation + ocularity is simpler than having the four types of judicial case we have now as any cleanup, punishment or other effect of a judgement can be included for any type of case with ocularities. As to Bn consent for ocularities, I think there should be some voting system for the judgement and ocularity together (so the ocularity only passes if the judgement passes) this could allow for a reassigning system for consultations and replace appeals, also allowing us to keep debating until we have majority agreement.

Zotting should be brought back and should be in the hands of the oracle but only usable without N objections (where N is about 2 or 3 to stop obviously bad consultations quickly but prevent scamming by the submitter) or otherwise with the consent of B..